Marketing Assistant / Part-Time Position
20 Hours Per Week; $17.00 Per Hour; Weekly Schedule to be Determined
Tin House is seeking a part-time Marketing Assistant to provide extensive administrative support and assist with the creation and implementation of promotional campaigns.
Responsibilities for the position include:
- Maintain marketing promotional grids, schedules, meetings, and expense tracking forms
- Update and maintain sales platforms used by sales team and book retailers
- Coordinate content and delivery of retail and consumer e-mail newsletters and promotional e-blasts
- Assist with producing promotional items, advertising, and other marketing assets
- Coordinate and produce sales conference supportive materials
- Manage details and logistics pertaining to trade shows and conferences
- Assist with the creation and implementation of online retail sales assets
- Assist with research and outreach to organizations for cross-promotional and book adoption opportunities
- Oversee Tin House’s Bookshop.org store
- Prior office experience
- Exceptional writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and juggle tasks, from multiple points of contact
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
- Knowledge and experience working with e-newsletter programs like MailChimp
- Knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop
- Enthusiasm for participating in and contributing to a small, creative, and supportive office
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others on a team, while also being self-directed and quick to take initiative
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion, and the multifaceted work of book marketing through an equity lens
Please send a resume and cover letter with the subject line “Marketing Assistant Job Posting” to email@example.com.
The deadline to apply is February 5, 2021.
Please note, due to COVID-19, this position will work from home for the foreseeable future. When our offices reopen, the position will be based at our headquarters in Portland, OR.
No phone calls, please.
Publisher of award-winning books of literary fiction, nonfiction, and poetry; home to a
renowned workshop and seminar series; and partner of a critically acclaimed podcast, Tin
House champions writing that is artful, dynamic, and original. Tin House authors have
garnered acclaim everywhere from The New York Times and NPR to The Wall Street
Journal and People magazine. We are proud to publish and promote writers who speak to a wide range of experiences, lending context and nuance to their examination of our world.
Tin House is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, family status, or economic background/status. Tin House welcomes applicants from diverse and underrepresented communities and values a wide array of talents and perspectives. People of color and veteran, immigrant, refugee, disabled, and LGBTQI+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.